Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Baby Wish List

Well, since some of you asked what it is we still need, I figured I'd put everything in one nice blog post for you =) Oddly, I feel kind of weird doing this since I haven't anticipated many people getting gifts for Little Miss LG, but oh well!

Some of these we need, some are just things that would be really nice to have. Some are rather expensive but I figured I'd toss them in the list anyway:
  • Infant car seat. We still have MZ's but it's approaching it's 5 year birthday (they "expire" after 5 years and it's blue lol). There are a few pink ones at Target for less than $100 or we just saw a nice pink one at Big Lots last night for $60. Again, we have one so this is not necessary. I don't think it will cease to be safe just because the government says not to use a car seat that's older than 5 years ;)
  • Wet Bag. These you can get these at Mom4Life and they do free shipping on everything. I'm not picky about the print/pattern. Of course there are other places to get these, but the price doesn't really vary.
  • Changing pad. I don't see the need in having a changing table, so I'm just going to use the top of a dresser with something like this on top.
  • Baby bath products. Things like soap/shampoo and lotions. No diaper rash cream though! All but a few brands will ruin cloth diapers. We are a bit on the picky side about such things though, since we only use natural/chemical free stuff, so I feel bad even mentioning these! Anyway, a good brand that is readily available and not too expensive is Burt's Bees.
  • Diaper sprayer. Available at both Mother's Haven and Mom4Life. Again, these are available at other stores but the price doesn't vary.
  • Thick blankets. I've gotten some thinner blankets that I plan on using for swaddling, but she'll need some warmer/larger blankets for winter =) Preferably ones that are not fleece...fleece blankets get all yucky looking after a few washes!
  • Socks and shoes. We don't have any socks or shoes yet, so some of these would be handy. Maybe some tights and baby leg warmers too =)
That's really all that I can think of right now (I might add more later if I think of anything), I'll put a link to this post in the sidebar for your convenience =)

4 comments:

Thelittlebrownhouse.us said...

Great ideas! And thanks for putting the web sites in - I will check them out!

Anonymous said...

I have to say - this is kind of a weird list. ;) Seriously, what I bought today is *so* cute. Too bad you'll have to wait to find out what it is!

Lani said...

Jess, I have a really cute, pink infant car seat that I'm sure Elyce will be out of right around the time your little one is born if not very soon after. I usually transition them from the infant seat as soon as they are sitting up. You can have it if you'd like! You may have to use MZ's for a tiny bit- but maybe not because Elyce will be 5 months when LG is born... just let me know!

I've also got tons of baby clothes for you already and there will be lots more on the way... and socks and adorable shoes too! :P

Lani said...

Jess, I have a really cute, pink infant car seat that I'm sure Elyce will be out of right around the time your little one is born if not very soon after. I usually transition them from the infant seat as soon as they are sitting up. You can have it if you'd like! You may have to use MZ's for a tiny bit- but maybe not because Elyce will be 5 months when LG is born... just let me know!

I've also got tons of baby clothes for you already and there will be lots more on the way... and socks and adorable shoes too! :P