Friday, January 29, 2010

Date Night

Last night Daniel and I sent the kids over to Grandma's house so we could spend a romantic evening with just the two of us. And the doctor...and the nurse...and the guy from Registration...and the old lady across the hall. That's right, folks, we spent the evening in the Emergency Room. I spent all day yesterday throwing up, completely unable to keep even water down. Loads of fun. Daniel called the doctor's office for me and they suggested some kind of over the counter sleep medication oddly enough. Taking half a dose was supposed to help. So I took some and lasted approximately 20 minutes before throwing it up. So, off to the hospital we went! I got hooked up to an IV, threw up, and then got some medication. Things went better after that =) By the time I left I was actually hungry! Just one more thing to add to the list of reasons to guilt trip this baby when it grows up!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

It may have been the same bug Tracy and I had - sounds EXACTLY like it!! I couldn't even keep ice chips down for more than 15 minutes. Seriously, I thought about calling an ambulance!! :-) Tracy had to get fluids through an IV as well....tell Daniel to watch out! But glad to hear you have your appetite back!

Anonymous said...

Bummer in the summer! :( Glad you are on the mend. :)

Anonymous said...

Bummer in the summer! :( Glad you are on the mend. :)

Thelittlebrownhouse.us said...

Sounds like a dream date to me.. or maybe nightmare? So glad you are better - I didn't even consider that it might have been a bug - that would be good in a way because those go away!

Alisa said...

So sorry! That could not be fun! Hope you are all better soon!