Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas, Batman and a Frog

So I finally clued in last night that Christmas is almost here. This is only because we had to get a gift for Kelsi's gift exchange at school today. It's the last day before Christmas break. It really does not feel like Christmas yet. First, there's the fact that we have no tree due to lack of space. There's also the fact that we haven't bought any gifts. Of course we don't have many gifts to buy, we're going to be getting a couple of things for the kiddos, but that's it. Fortunately our family understands our lack of finances prevent us from giving gifts this year =) I was hoping to make some stuff for everyone, since I have a nice supply of yarn, but alas, unpacking and a very fussy baby has prevented that. Maybe I'll just put a bow on each of the kids and drop them off with one of their Grandmas and Daniel and I can go to a movie...
On an unrelated note, Matthias is running around with a cape (a piece of fabric that I made into a cape with a safety pin...I'm crafty like that) and a roll of wrapping paper. He is Luke and the wrapping paper is his light saber. Sometimes he's Batman though. It's hard to keep up. Of course this makes me either "the guy with the blue shirt" or Robin. His knowledge of Star Wars and Batman comes from the Lego video games...hence why he doesn't know all the names and I get to be "the guy with the blue shirt" whom I believe is Hans Solo. He's also informed me that I need to make sure I don't kill Batman or Robin or else they will die and then come back to love. There's also something about a frog and someone who's head we have to take off. I think he's talked nonstop for the last 15 minutes...Lydia is facinated. This is my day.
The end.

2 comments:

Thelittlebrownhouse.us said...

I am so glad that at least Lydia is fascinated - that has to be worth something! And I think you make an amazing "guy in the blue shirt" it is a tough part to play..

Melissa said...

what a cutie! hope you are video taping some of this - it will be a lot of fun to look back on some day.